The Pukekohe Business Association, or PBA, is actively involved with the development, support and promotion of business in Pukekohe and in ensuring that the district provides a clean, safe and secure environment in which to live and do business.
The PBA is an Incorporated Society, and as such has a Constitution that states what our Objectives and Activities are. These are copied directly from the Constitution.
- To assist and guide the development and advancement of the commercial interests of business people and businesses in Pukekohe through a co-ordinated and structured communications, marketing and economic development programme.
- To foster and promote generally the welfare of the business community of Pukekohe an, in particular, to provide a forum for networking and collaboration of members.
- To enhance the safety and security of Pukekohe and to attract and retain business in an effort to drive employment growth and economical, social, cultural and environmental wellbeing.
- To capitalise on the unique assets and profile of Pukekohe and to use that as a means of establishing an identity and positioning for the area.
- To make arrangements with and / or advocate to the Government, local authorities and / or persons, corporations or associations for the improvement of amenity, streetscapes, utilities, transport, services or other infrastructure, and for lighting, surfacing, security and cleaning in the business area of Pukekohe.
- To administer in conjunction with the Council, the Business Improvement District Funding Grant.
- To do all things as are, or may be incidental to, or conducive to, the attainment of these objects.
- The arrangement, encouragement and/or financial support of events and/or occasions which promote the Association’s objectives.
- The organising of social functions, networking events and regular general meetings for members.
- The review of local body by-laws and Government legislation affecting Association members and making submissions thereon either of existing by-laws or legislation or proposed changes.
- The organisation of promotions and campaigns that promote Pukekohe and/or encourage local economic growth.
- The encouragement and support of Franklin Local Board activities promoting Pukekohe and surrounding area.
- The publication of a regular newsletter.
Please click on the link below to read a full version of our Constitution
|Signed Constitution September 2012 (19.1mb)|