Frequently Asked Questions
Please see below for some of the more commonly asked questions, if you need more information please call or email us.
- What does a BID do?A BID represents all businesses in a BID area. It receives input and access to Council and further funding. A BID's objectives are to;
- Develop and Create Business
- Increase employment and local business investment
- Enhance the physical environment by keeping it secure and clean
- Promote the profile of the town
- Lobby local and central government
The Pukekohe Business Association is the BID for the Pukekohe BID area.
- How are we funded?A BID receives a Targeted Rate paid to Council. As a BID we have direct access to Council as one of the local board members is required to attend meetings. Bid's are designed to be a partnership between local government, the business community and other stakeholders.
- How do I become a member?Fill out the form under the Join tab and we will contact you, alternatively you can call our office to request a membership form.
- Am I eligible for membership?Membership is free for commercial properties paying an economic development rate. To see if your business is eligible please click on the Join tab and review the BID boundary map.
Businesses operating from a non-commercially rated property or outside the BID boundary may apply for Associate Membership to be determined by the Committee. There is an annual charge for this.
- As a member do I have any commitments or obligations?NO - You choose what level of engagement you want to have with the PBA.
- Is the PBA involved in community initiatives?The PBA is tailored towards supporting local business. However we are a major sponsor of the Christmas Parade and also look after, upgrade and install the Christmas decorations. We are also involved in other events and services of benefit to our local economy.