Opportunities for Networking
Networking can be daunting. It’s tricky spending a couple hours away from your business or family to attend an event. And the idea of standing in a room full of strangers can be a bit overwhelming. So why go through it all?
Networking is not only good for your business; it also benefits you as a person.
There are a number of fantastic networking groups in the Pukekohe area.
ARN offers Franklin business owners a professional networking opportunity based on fun, professionalism, credibility and transparency. A representative from any organisation can visit ARN, but only one business can join in each professional category, and all members attend ARN’s weekly meetings in order to build close working relationships with one another. To enquire, email email@example.com.
BNI is a business and professional referral organisation. We meet weekly, 7am Pukekohe at Petals 'n Pots Cafe, 25 Paerata Road. To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Business to Business Networking is a friendly relaxed group of Business owners & Managers looking to grow their business through trusted relationships with other business owners. Meeting fortnightly on a Friday morning at 7.15am - 8-30ish at Rise & Shine Cafe, Paerata Rise.
Networking at Loom Shared Space
Loom Shared Space is space for Franklin business people to connect and meet others in business. It can be hard to approach strangers at networking events; speed networking eliminates this barrier and allows you to meet more people in a shorter period of time. After the speed networking, there is time to continue conversations and deepen the connections made.
Speed Networking at Loom Shared Space is held the third Thursday of every month. To enquire email email@example.com
Venus is a group of up to 24 women who are committed to growing their business or career through building strong relationships. They have also made the commitment to support you as you grow – by connecting you to trusted suppliers, potential referral alliances and new clients.
The Pukekohe group meets at 12 Massey Avenue Pukekohe East every second Wednesday 9.30am – 10.30am.
Franklin Women's Networking Group is open to local business and professional women in the Franklin, Papakura and Takanini areas. Meeting monthly at Venues alternating between Pukekohe and Takanini. An opportunity to mix and mingle and share your business profile with other women. Guest speakers at each meeting relevant to business and local community aspects. Hosted by BNZ Partners.
Some of the reasons to network are:
- Social connection and interaction – especially if you work from home, it’s good to get out and meet others. You don’t have to go it alone.
- Collaboration – meet new suppliers or partners to help move your business forward.
- Sales – uncover new opportunities and customers to grow your business reach.
- Advice – connect with other businesses who have tackled the challenges you’re working through or can put you in touch with someone who can help.
- Improve your skills – the opportunity to talk about your business, especially with new people, allows you to test and refine how you describe what you do. This can be especially helpful when you’re first starting out and exploring new ideas.