PUKEKOHE STATION UPDATE NEWSLETTER #3
The third project update newsletter on the construction of the fully-integrated bus and train station at Pukekohe has just been released.
Over the past two months, we can reflect on good progress against the project timeline:
• Piling works for overbridge tendered and awarded, with building consents obtained.
• Piling works have now been fully completed at the site for the new pedestrian overbridge, which will connect Station Road to Custom Street.
• Rail corridor piles were successfully installed during the Christmas break.
• Electronic passenger information screen, passenger info board and tag on/off machine relocated on the platform in preparation for future construction works.
• Please note that the platform access ramp has been reconfigured to accommodate future construction works.
Once all works are completed in late 2017, Pukekohe Station will make it easier for people in Pukekohe and the surrounding areas of Waiuku, Patumahoe and Tuakau to connect between high frequency trains and buses.
For more details and an artist impression of the new station please click on the link below